Friday, March 14, 2008

Splish Splash

Well, I am jumping in feet first!! I thought that this blogging thing would be great for me because I used to write a journal and I have written songs and poems and stories in the past.....but it has been way too long since I have written anything and I am missing it!
Why the title Living Water? Well, it seemed to be an obvious choice today after I received an email that directed me to a web site that gives you a Bible verse that is selected for you according to your Birth date.....Mine is ...John 4:14 NIV (but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.) ........I began to think about it and reflected on the water theme that seems to be connected with my life......My Grandpa was a water well driller, my Dad and his Dad were in the Radiator business (Which cools the water in a automobile engine) I was in the Radiator business for 12 years with my parents.......and as a cosmetologist , use a lot of water to wash hair !! ......and now I am married to an owner operator of a Water Truck company called Poe's Water Kegs! It is also part of a song that we are singing for the Good Friday Service at church next weekend

Come as you are, come and drink from the living water

That flowed from His hands, flowed from His side

Come as you are, come and bathe in the healing water

Cleansing from sin, releasing new life

Chorus:

Draw near to Him, and He’ll draw near to you

He’s been waiting for you to call on His name

So come, come as you are.
************************************************************************************
I Just love that song! It really is appropriate ........ like a lot of things in life we want to do,
I have been wanting to start writing again and just have not made the time.....so here it is, just as I am, not after all the laundry is caught up or my desk is organized or I am in shape or have lost 5 pounds or have everything just perfect......that day never comes!! The living water that the Lord has springing up in me is ready to be poured out as He supplies .......And I am going to do my best to make this blog a fountain of thoughts , stories , good words for whoever is thirsty for a little living water.

10 comments:

Letty Cole said...

Lora, I think this is GREAT!!!!! I love it! and the "Water does fit your life just PERFECT!! it seems you've been around water all your life.....

Just yesterday I made a new friend and after talking to her for a while, she suggested I should write a book! isn't that strange???? I sort of laughed it off......

Talk to you soon,
Love Letty

Judy Brammer said...

Hi Lora, How terrific to hear the enthusiasm in your spirit as you "jump in feet first" to your new blog! Water is my chosen element and I wonder what my verse might be for July 27! I look forward to sharing thoughts and comments with you as I check in. I'll definitely be in touch, but we'll be cruising across the country from the end of April to the east coast with several stops along the way. Don't be concerned if you don't see us in the harbor right away this spring. We have a motor home and friends of ours will be cruising right along with us on our adventure!

The idea you have is just great! writing, journaling, doing art work is all so valuable. The sharing of our thoughts and images is exciting to me!

Thanks for letting us know about your new adventure and for inviting us along to share the journey!

Have a wonderful Easter and give a hug and kiss to Doug and Julia intil we see you guys!

love,
Judy Brammer

Lora Poe said...

You can find your birth verse at:
http://www.birthverse.com/mybirthverse.cfm

Joe said...

Hi Lora,

Not to mention the water God gave us (the ocean), which your family enjoys so much, as well as providing an opportunity to spend such quality time together.

It was a blessing for our family when Michele was growing up, and still is so.

Love to Julia,
Joe

Mom said...

Hi my sweet girl....I am so proud of you. As is sit here in Kona, and look out over the big blue Pacific Ocean, I will be reminded of your special verse. The Lord has blessed you with many gifts, and it is such a joy for me to see you using them.

Aloha and lots of love, Mom

Kym Velazquez said...

Hi Lora,

Your Awesome! The love and joy that pours out from you when you write and talk obout the Lord just is amazing and it touches everyones heart. I can't wait to hear more from you. I thank God for putting you in my life as a friend.

Just to think you started with the "Laundry Ball" idea and look at you now. :)

Tell Doug and Julia hello.

Love, Kym

Sheila and Bob said...

AND your boat sits in water! What a great way to keep you close to our hearts. We will definitely be looking up our birthverse. Looking forward to reading your future thoughts. Love you.

Sheila and Bob

shirlee45 said...

HI LORA,
HOW SPECIAL IS THAT!!!
YOU HAVE FOUND ANOTHER CALLING IN YOUR LIFE.
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT ALL OUR SPECIAL VERSES WILL BE.
WILL LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE.
IT WAS GREAT.

LOVE SHIRLEE AND RALPH...

Unknown said...

Lora,
I feel so blessed that the Lord has brought my family and I to SWCC and allowed our paths to cross. You have such a beautiful spirit and I think this blog is a reflection of that. Thanks for sharing this with me. I love how your birth verse fits so perfectly with your life. Thanks for introducing me to the birth verse thing, because I am totally hooked on finding out all my loved ones birth verse. Look forward to reading more....

Nita Smith~

Lora Poe said...

I am so blessed to have all of you in my life. Thank you, Love Lora