Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home School



I have not posted anything here for over a year.....a lot has been happening .....I home schooled Julia for the first grade, that was a great experience! We got to do things that we would not normally get to do if she was in regular school. We went to Michigan for Doug's Uncle Pete's memorial service, we went to Tennessee and Arkansas to visit family, we went to Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland, we had Aunt Sheila visit for a few weeks, and we made a lot of new friends that home school too. Julia was a great student! She is very smart, and that made my job, as teacher, very easy.....I am glad that it was first grade....not over my head yet!!.:)Even though we enjoyed this year at home school, we have decided to return to Desert Christian Academy this coming school year, this is the school that Julia attended for preschool and kindergarten, it will be great to be back with the friends that she has there , she is excited to go back. I must admit that I am looking forward to it too! She starts back in less then two weeks! This summer has gone very fast! We have our fifth wheel and pontoon boat up at Lake Hemet again for the summer. We have had so much fun there these last 2 summers. Lot's of fresh cool air, fishing, riding bikes, campfires, volleyball, and hanging out with friends and family. Good times.

No comments: