Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Heaven is For Real

Back in April of this year, Julia and I were reading a little book about fasting. It was a very inspiring book for both of us. We learned that praying and fasting is a very effective, powerful thing to do.
I had decided to fast for a period of time and so then Julia informed me that she also wanted to fast because she was "praying that God would give her a baby brother or sister"......OH dear, I thought....and I said...."Julia mommy is 44 years old, it might be too late for me to have another baby......maybe you could ask God to change your heart if it is not His plan for you to have a brother or sister"......well she insisted that she would still fast and she assured me that she would also ask God to change her heart if that was not His plan......
WELL, a couple of weeks later........I was late for my period......ARE YOU KIDDING ME- I THOUGHT!!! Julia was not surprised.....she just knew it was going to be a positive pregnancy test! Oh the faith of a little child!! I am not going to lie.....I was shocked.....and super excited....Doug was happy about it but very cautious because of the miscarriage that we had been though 4 years ago......very disappointing and heartbreaking. We decided to keep this news to ourselves for awhile because we had told so many people the last time and then when the miscarriage happened we had so many people to tell and it made it harder. Part of me was thinking, this can't turn out bad....it is an answer to Julia's prayer.....God would not let that happen ....And the other part of me was very cautious and concerned that we would be disappointed again. But we were privately excited about our little joyful family addition that was coming! We looked at baby things and talked about how the baby would be born very close to Christmas! It was a wonderful few weeks.
Well, I was about 2 months along in the pregnancy......and I started to bleed.. I called the doctors office and the nurse told me to stay in bed and do as little as possible, I had been through this before so I knew that I was miscarrying.....I had to tell Julia....she was so disappointed ....of course there were lots of tears and such sadness......I had to just stay in bed , so we decided to read a little bit in the book that we had started earlier that week....."Heaven is For Real"....this book is about a 4 year old boy who had a near death experience and went to Heaven ...it tells of many wonderful experiences that he had while he was there. ......WELL the part we read that day was UNBELIEVABLE!! God is so Awesome.....I just about melted.....The little boy said to his mom " I have 2 sisters..." His mom said to him" No you just have one sister ...are you talking about your cousin who you love like a sister"....he said , " no I am talking about my sister in Heaven, you had a baby die in your tummy and she is in Heaven".....His mom was shocked and She said" who told you that I had a baby die in my tummy??" (she had a miscarriage before she had him, but he did not know about it) He said " She told me! When I was in Heaven, a little girl came up to me and was hugging me and said that she was my sister and that she died in your tummy . She said that Jesus' Father,God, adopted her and is taking care of her and she is waiting for you and daddy to get there to give her a name! "
WOW as we read that.........I felt like ABBA Father GOD ALMIGHTY reached down and gave me the best hug I had ever had!! And Julia was comforted also......we talked about how now we had 2 babies that were in Heaven!! Yes we were still very disappointed ....but at the same time we were blown away knowing that God did answer Julia's prayer for a brother or sister and He let her know that she will get to know them when she gets to Heaven.......How cool is that. Heaven is for real and it pulls at my heart everyday.....

2 comments:

Connette said...

I too, cannot wait for the movie. I also was able to connect to the book by similar circumstance. My husband, Geoff, and I have experienced a miscarriage on Fathers Day of 1989. We were told afterwards we would not be able to have any more children, but were blessed with our son, Dylan, in 1991 who is very healthy...6'4" and a born again Christian! I've always been a firm believer that God will never give us any more than we can handle! God Bless you and your family Lora

Lora Poe said...

Thank you Connette for sharing also. God bless you too friend :)