Saturday, May 3, 2008

While the Cat's away the Mice will Paint the House

Doug left yesterday morning to go to the boat for a fishing tournament. It is the annual Thresher Shark fishing Tournament in Oceanside........Last year he got 3rd place with a catch of a 318 pounder!! So the Island Dancer Boat is a shark hunting machine!! I even fought one last year for about an hour and a half and then it broke off .....due to a rig malfunction.......We had a good year last year for shark steak......and we are all out now...... so it will be great to get a fresh stock in the freezer ! Well......Julia and I decided that since we had some time at home for the weekend while Doug is fishing we would do something fun and creative........so we went to Home Depot and got the supplies and proceeded to paint the house!! Yes, it will be a great surprise to Doug when he gets back.......well, it looks a lot better so I don't think that he will mind.........I just talked to him on the phone and they are back at the dock and they got a 216 Pound thresher shark and he thinks that they probably will get 4th place.........Hooray!! we will have yummy shark in the freezer again !!!.....so he should be in a good mood for a surprise when he gets home ( that will be good:)! .....The house was just one solid color .....it needed some trim color....so we added some contrast to the look........if I just had a taller ladder.........well......I got most of it finished ....but I will continue when I can get a taller ladder.......I had plenty that I could do for yesterday and today I am pretty tired.......it will look good when he drives in tomorrow !! My mom came by to check out the painting.......and she said that it looked good ......so did the neighbors ........so I think it is ok! .......my Mom took Julia over to visit my Grandma for a little while.....they curled Grandmas hair for church tomorrow and then went to Dairy Queen........they brought me some too........Yummy Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard !! I have been getting up early and doing my exercising so.....I guess I don't feel too guilty!! Thanks Mom!

This is a picture of last years tournament thresher....... 318 pounds!!(click on picture to enlarge) Warning do not try this activity at home!! Unless you are extremely sure that you know what you are doing!! ...Threshersharkfishing can also be dangerous! ....so proceed with caution with it as well! :>
This is the one that got away last year!! By the way it was fighting.......it was a huge one!!......Doug says that I have to get another one this year.....we will see......maybe on Mothers Day!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

The house does look good Lora, I think that Doug will be pleasantly surprised. Enjoyed the pictures.....your Dad would be proud of your fishing skills....remember all the thresher that he caught. Fishing was one of Dad's favorite activities....right up there with flying. Congrats to Doug on the big one.......way to go Doug!

Aloha, Mom