Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ripple Effect


Yesterday my Grandma, my Mom and I attended a memorial service for Dorothea Fulton , She was a wonderful woman who was a great influence on many people including my Mom and Grandma.......she was the youth leader at their church when my Mom was a teen and then later on she was my Moms boss at the bank where she worked.........One of her Sons, David Fulton is the founder of Christian School of the Desert , which I attended and now my daughter is attending!!.......so in a ripple effect way she has and still is influencing my life! The Memorial service was a wonderful tribute to her.......over and over as people stood up to share their memories of Dorothea it was said that she loved and lived for Jesus, and that she was so kind and always made people feel special. She is face to face with the Lord now and I am sure she is hearing the Lord say " Well done good and faithful servant ".
Today was our final Bible study that I have been attending on Thursday mornings......on Catherine Martins book " Set My Heart On Fire".........so much to say about what I have learned and experienced during this study..........today while Catherine was speaking I felt the Lord urging me to tell Catherine what an impact her teaching has made on me..........she was talking about how others had made an impact in her life and had a ripple effect ........and some of them may never even have know the difference that they made......or that God made through them.........and now through her. She is such a great writer and spiritual leader and I felt that the Lord also wanted me to ask her to pray for me.........So after the Bible study I was able to let her know how much I have learned from her and also ask her to pray for me........and she did. Wow I feel so blessed ......I am overwhelmed with excitement of this blessing.

No comments: