Friday, April 18, 2008

Velvet Sea

Proverbs 12:25 An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.

That is such a great verse and of course it is my Moms Birth Verse!
She has always been such an encouraging person........always looks at the bright side of things and stays strong even through some very tough circumstances........and how you face circumstances makes a huge difference in the outcome and even in the process. My Mom has been through everything from tragic family loss to breast cancer and everything in between.....and unless you know her or have really followed the events in her life ...one would never know what she has been through just by looking at the surface.....I know that I can go to her with anything and she will love me no matter what.......she is a great lady and I am so proud to call her MOM.........When I count my blessings she gets counted more than once........................ I wrote a poem for her......I think I was in High School when I wrote it ...... I am not sure of the date........
My Mom is very special to me
She is my closest friend
No matter what problems there maybe
On her I can always depend
She always knows how I feel
At times I think she reads my mind
She loves me always, her love is real
A love like hers, you rarely find
I thank God for her when I pray
I'm glad He chose her to be my mother
I hope I can be just like her someday
She is the best.....and I love her.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It was Mother's Day 1985......it is one of my treasured possessions, I keep it in my Bible with a few other precious things. Thank you Lora, I love you.