Monday, April 14, 2008

Flesh VS. The Spirit

Oh the thirst of the flesh to want more,the flesh is weak and attempts to quench the thirst with the next fix for its adrenaline addiction ,things that temporarily satisfy the flesh, such as shiny new possessions, mood altering substances, gossip, over indulgence, pride, selfishness, ............


....the list is long but the satisfaction is short lived,......and the dry empty fruit is bitter.......


that is the nature of the flesh......temporary........short lived............it wares out with time..........I should not be defined by my flesh.....for I am not flesh alone..the flesh is only the vessel for the true essence of my being...... my spirit....the part that will be there after the flesh is out of time........so I strive to feed my spirit.......to strengthen the eternal asset of my being .......to invest in eternal things.......things that won't rust........things that won't be stolen.........things that won't die............spiritual things......the things that God can only give us........His word is water for my spirit.......it heals ......it guides......it comforts ......it satisfies........it lasts.......forever. Father , Fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I can overcome the weaknesses of the flesh.......for the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control......all of these are really what I am thirsty for.......what brings genuine satisfaction................and adrenaline is just a high priced counterfeit that the flesh cannot afford to be addicted to...........

No comments: