Monday, July 7, 2008

FOGGY 4TH OF JULY!

We went to Oceanside for a long weekend to celebrate the 4th of July! Doug left on Wednesday so he could go out fishing on Thursday and then Julia Brandon and I met him there on Thursday evening . They went pretty far out to fish and managed to get one nice 24 pound yellowtail! We had it for dinner on Thursday night......Matt and Diane had a room at the marina Inn so we were hanging out with them all weekend between the boat and the hotel swimming pool.....they have a lot of activities for the kids at the marina Inn.....games, music, crafts, food........Robert and Jessica and Brandon were also there this weekend. We all had a great time! The weather was nice and cool, with lots of fog for a nice change from the desert heat!!! It was so foggy that no one was able to see the fireworks! There was a dingy parade and we had lots of other things to entertain us, so we can't complain about the fog.

Yesterday we took a long dingy ride and I had my blackberry in my pocket and it slipped out into the ocean......so I had to go get a new one today......I have had that phone for over 2 years and I was so mad at myself for being so careless.......well hopefully I will learn to be more careful !


Julia and Brandon did some fishing of the back of the boat and they caught stingrays!




We let them go of course ....that was a lot of fun.....I couldn't believe that Julias little Barbie pole could catch anything!!Monty took Julia and Madison and Levi for a sailing lesson in his little sabot sailboat......that was very special.......we are very lucky to have Monty as a dock neighbor, he is so good to the kids!
Here is Clint with the Yellowtail!
A couple of dingys from the parade
Doug took Brandon and Julia out fishing on the Dingy

No comments: