Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Day to Remember

Today is a day that should be remembered for the freedom that came to my dad 8 years ago.........his flesh was so worn out and he was not able to eat, walk, or even talk on certain days, but I remember something about that time when he was very near the end, it was a day that I knew would be one of my last chances to talk to him, I am so thankful that I was able to tell him that I love him and that I am so proud of him and I would miss him, but that I knew that he would be in a better place because he knew the Lord, and he said......."Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior"........That was very comforting to hear that my Dads faith was still there, even though his body was so gone, he still had his spirit and I would not be saying good bye, but just "see you later". I sure do miss him........words can't explain how much......I was talking to my Grandma the other day,.....she was having a tough time......missing my Grandpa.........I reminded her that the only thing that died was Grandpas old worn out body.....that his spirit is in Heaven with a new body that will never wear out.......and someday she would see him and a whole bunch of others ........we named a few people who we were looking forward to getting to see again, and she said" Oh there are so many people who I am looking forward to seeing again!" It is hard to even imagine the joy that will be when we are reunited together FOREVER..........

1 comment:

Mom said...

His strong faith was an inspiration to all of us, especially in his last days. The Lord certainly gave him great courage and strength to make it through this very painful time. I look forward to the day when I will see him again, I know that it will be a joyous reunion....until then, I have sooooo many wonderful happy memories to remember, and cherish with all my heart.....and I have my beautiful children and grandchildren, who remind me of him everytime I see them.

Love, Mom