Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

Happy Fathers Day first and foremost to My Heavenly Father ! I Love YOU.
Today, after Church we went to my Mom and Dans for lunch to celebrate Fathers Day. It was nice to get together...... Robert , Brandon, Grandma, Eliu, Eliu's Mother ,Mercedes, and Doug's Mom and Dad , Gene and Jeanne were there. We had a nice time.

...............I can't help but pause today and acknowledge the absence of my Grandpa, this is the first Fathers day that he isn't with us .........and also My Dad who has been gone for eight years next month ........they are both very much missed ..........everyday.....
Here is a picture of my Dad and I at Lake Havasu many moons ago( I would say I was about 10 years old???).......my Dad loved the water.....as a family we spent a lot of our time at the Lake,fishing,skiing, boating or just playing on a sandbar being river rats! I remember one of his ideals was to have a pond at home.......and of course he built us a pond at the house he built on Jefferson street ......I think that he could make just anything he put his mind to.......once he made me a barbie house it was the coolest thing......and he made some of our furniture too.....he even made a fire wood rack for the fireplace that had R+V ( Ray plus Velvet).....and when my dog Muffin couldn't get up on the bed anymore he built her carpeted stairs...Just to name a few.......I was so blessed to have such a talented Dad....and one that showed us so much love and so much life adventure............and I cherish my memories.


Julia gave Doug a crown for Fathers Day! He is a great Daddy ! Happy Fathers Day! I Love you Doug!

1 comment:

Mom said...

It was a really nice Father's Day. After everyone left yesterday, I took a little walk down Wicket Lane, and reminesced a little....pausing at the end of the culdesac as I often do,and remembered my children's father, and then I looked up in the evening sky and saw the BIG moon,it wasn't quite full, but close, and remembered my own father. My dad and I had this thing about the full moon. We would call each other every full moon evening. I even have a voice mail on my cell phone from one evening last summer, that he reminded me to look at the moon...it rings and plays the message once a month and asks if I want to delete it...of course I would never delete it.....I love it every time....to hear his voice talking to me.

Thank you Lora, for the sweet memories of the lake and what a wonderful father you had....and Julia has a great dad! I love Doug, he is a special guy.